Hello willow creatives, you can download your copy of the Autumn Willow Newsletter 2023 below and peruse at your leisure.
Treat a loved one or family member to a gift certificate for a workshop.
These certificates can be customised with wording to suit such “Happy birthday we’ve arranged for you to join Rachel on a wonderful willow workshop” (I will contact you after purchase for customisation). The certificate can be sent by post or email to either you or the recipient.
Please click the button below to take you to my shop to purchase a gift certificate.
To celebrate the Big Garden Birdwatch weekend here’s a lovely mini make to create a fat and seed bird feeder, using a small bunch of willow or hedgerow material, fat and seed, your birds will love it ! Enjoy !
Today I am going to show you how to make a simple wrap. A useful way to tie bundle of rods together on many different projects, such as the wigwams, animal legs, bird houses etc.
- You will need a bunch of rods suitable for your project.
- A single piece of thicker willow for the spacer.
- A long piece of willow for the wrap.
- Take the spacer, hold it with your bundle of sticks that you want to wrap.
- Take the piece you are going to use for your wrap, kink it and pop it on and wrap it round you bundle of sticks, holding them altogether nice and tightly.
- Keep wrapping until you get to about a foot length left at the end of the rod or enough to fee back through the wrap.
- Once you get near to the end, take it all in one hand, pull out the spacer.
- Take the end of the rod and push it through the space that you just created by taking the spacer out and give it a nice pull to tighten.
- Clip off the ends.